F650 Cooling System FAQs Index
- Q: My water pump weephole leaks. My coolant level drops. My
oil level rises. My oil looks like chocolate instead of oil. WTF?!
A: Your water pump seals are shot. It is not at all hard to rebuild
your water pump yourself. See the
Water Pump Failure &
- Q. My plastic fan blade broke and the dealer wants WAY too
much money for a new one. What can I do?
A. Spend $3 for a Replacement
Fan Blade. There are a few tricks to the installation, though.
- Q. I want to be able to turn on the fan independently of
the thermostat. Can I do that?
A. Sure. Just Install a Manual
- Q. My Radiator Fan is Not Working and my Engine is Getting
HOT! How can I fix that?
A. See Fan Not Working.
- Q: I don't like that "TEMP" light and would
prefer a temperature gauge. How do I do that?
Adapting a Euro Temp Gauge to a USA Spec F650.
- Q. What is the Coolant Reservoir Actually for?
A. See the "Burp Tank" in the
Coolant Change FAQ.
- Q. What are the things I should Check for if my Engine is
A. See the Overheating FAQ.
- Q. What is the Radiator Cap Release Pressure? What is the
Thermostat Opening Temperature?
A. See the Coolant Change
- Q. My Hose Clamps are leaking (or keep popping off, or
won't go backon)
A. See Hose Clamps FAQ
Classic Specific FAQs
- Q. I have a bad back. Is there a way to change the coolant
without removing the gas tank?
A. See the Coolant
GS/Dakar Specific FAQs
Detailed Maintenance FAQs